Microdermabrasion, also known as microderm, is one of the easiest and most effective anti-aging treatments you can get. Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that’s abundant when you’re a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
What are the benefits of Microdermabrasion?
- Improve age spots and black heads.
- Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin).
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance.
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores.
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne.
What will I look like after the treatment?
Deep exfoliation usually leaves the skin tighter and drier afterward. Some redness can be expected afterwards, however this is not likely to persist more than a few hours. The sensation of having a mild windburn or sunburn will also pass after a few hours. Avoid sun exposure for 5-7 days after a treatment and make sure to use SPF 30 Sunblock, as exposure to UV radiation is one of the key factors in speeding the skin aging process.